Little hedge big fence

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I seem to have a moral maze today.

My mate lives on a sagging T junction, left hand side of the base leg in the corner.

By sagging I mean the main road is a bend.

He has a very low hedge in his tended front garden (the corner) at the moment. He is planning to swap it for 4ft boarded fence - for easier maintenance.

So concerned is he about blocking drivers view of the busy main road he has paid for a planning consultation.
The result of which the council planner said 4ft is OK & if road users complain they have no comeback.

That's not the best bit....
Not only will it obscure most peoples view. He exits straight on to the main road in a small car so it will block his view too creating his own personal high speed blind bend.

???

If it's front garden I thought 3ft/1 metre was the limit for a fence or wall, though I don't think the height limit applies if it's a hedge.

My mate lives on a sagging T junction, left hand side of the base leg in the corner.

By sagging I mean the main road is a bend.

Can you post a google street view image as i dont understand what "left hand side of the base leg in the corner" means.

Try this..
The red arrow is his drive (exit).
Probably not curved the road enough Tbh but you get the drift.

Dotted line is new 4ft fence.

1699894959641.png

Attachments

• 20231113_153238.jpg
    20231113_153238.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem i can see is the 4ft fence will block the view of motorists pulling onto the main road.

We really need to see the actual junction if you post the location or PM me it if you dont want it known i will get a google street map view into the post.

jjjjj.png

Back