Malt mill suggestions please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking at moving on to milling my own malt and looking for recommendations for a decent malt mill supplier. It would need to be able to adjust the size of the crush and not neccesarily break the bank although i do know you do get what you pay for!

Here’s a clue - what does 0.50 + 0.40 + 0.30 equal?

I have a cheap version of the malt miller manual style. Mine didn't come with a mounting board so sits on top of a very large old panettone tin. would be nicer if it was properly attached to something. Also If you adjust the rollers to a very fine crush it's a lot more physical effort. Still what else you gonna do as your water heats up. It's lasted years without any issues.

Also If you adjust the rollers to a very fine crush it's a lot more physical effort. Still what else you gonna do as your water heats up
If you can detach the handle, you can attach a power drill instead. That's what I did with my barley crusher. Much easier than physical exertion

Latest posts

Back