Mangrove Jack's M29 French Saison Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.R.S

Reaction score
I am currently brewing a MJ Saison kit that comes with the above yeast.
The instructions suggest temperatures between 26c-32c. There are various thoughts on this on the forum but can anyone advise what fermenting temperature would be optimal?
Many thanks

This yeast produces a nice beer at normal temperatures, and apparently gives a peppery/spicy taste when fermented between 26° C and 32° C. But I haven't got there yet, since I seem to brew always a bit too early in the season, and I don't have a temperature controlled fermentation chamber.

Drops very clear:

20200601_193502.jpg

This was two weeks after bottling.

This yeast produces a nice beer at normal temperatures, and apparently gives a peppery/spicy taste when fermented between 26° C and 32° C. But I haven't got there yet, since I seem to brew always a bit too early in the season, and I don't have a temperature controlled fermentation chamber.

Drops very clear:

View attachment 28431
This was two weeks after bottling.
looks good, how does it taste?

looks good, how does it taste?
Very nice, but I also did it as a single hop beer with Merkur. I think it is very saison-y, a bit dry, a bit bitter, a nice beer to drink cool, and still have taste.

Back