Mould in my boiler… what am I gonna do?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s all you should really need to do.

I’d perhaps look at removing any taps and taking them apart (although I’d do that between brews anyway). But once anything is visibly clean you’re good, the boil takes care of the rest.

If the hop spider is metal that can be treated the same. If it’s a bag type then it probably just needs a long soak in some hot percarbonate.
I usually just use the tap to drain so all the boiling water and cleaning stuff goes out and then rinse with water after, but yeah maybe I’ll take them apart this time.

It’s still the false bottom and what’s under there that’s most concerning, water is coming through the pump clear but hard to know

That’s actually a great idea
That's how I clean my hop spider after use once it's got all the hop pellet **** stuck to it. I have a small silicone tube attached to the tap. Squeeze the end and it turns into a mini pressure washer in the sink and just blast everything off. Trying to clean it with a sponge or cloth never works.

That's how I clean my hop spider after use once it's got all the hop pellet **** stuck to it. I have a small silicone tube attached to the tap. Squeeze the end and it turns into a mini pressure washer in the sink and just blast everything off. Trying to clean it with a sponge or cloth never works.
Yeah I brew outside so usually stand it up against the wall and hit it with the hose but I have a pressure washer for patio so as long as it doesn’t break it will be ideal

Latest posts

Back