My (almost!) first AG brew day...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, yes I have fridge with heater, just controlled by Inkbird right now. Would be good to use ispindel. Is it better to use HA and MQTT than ubidots? Is it a nicer interface? The Inkbird is nice because I can control it from phone, don’t need to use laptop. I’ve found your thread on HA page where you are asking how to set it up 😀
Linux HomeAssistant Here's what I did tinkering over the weekend.

Linux HomeAssistant Here's what I did tinkering over the weekend.
Very nice! I looked into HA then realised I was way out of my depth! It’s Ok though as the inkbird controls the temp so it was just a bit of fun to see if the ispindel could control the temperature. It would be very useful if I have an FV without a thermowell though as otherwise would need to stick the inkbird probe to the side which wouldn’t be as good as the ispindel. I’ve found although the ispindel gravity readings are a bit dodgy, the temperature readings are very good as the ispindel is right in the wort so you get a true reading.

Very nice! I looked into HA then realised I was way out of my depth! It’s Ok though as the inkbird controls the temp so it was just a bit of fun to see if the ispindel could control the temperature. It would be very useful if I have an FV without a thermowell though as otherwise would need to stick the inkbird probe to the side which wouldn’t be as good as the ispindel. I’ve found although the ispindel gravity readings are a bit dodgy, the temperature readings are very good as the ispindel is right in the wort so you get a true reading.
Yeah. Unless you enjoy tinkering with computers, getting all of this to work together isn't easy.

Latest posts

Back