New member with new home bar saying hi!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liams-Budweiser-Bar

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here

After almost 18 months of an hour her and an hour there I have finally completed my home bar project complet with 2 like font, beer chiller (maxi 210) and bottle top resin bar (too many bottle tops to count lol)

Joined the forums for help and advice alongside hopefully offering any advice I can give to others about my experiences so far
IMG_1111.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpeg
    IMG_1136.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1113.jpeg
    IMG_1113.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 70889921343__8C63260C-681B-4FFA-845C-315251EBB497.jpeg
    70889921343__8C63260C-681B-4FFA-845C-315251EBB497.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 0
Welcome. Lovely set-up. I've been threatening to do a bottle cap resin bar for years, maybe one day I'll actually do it :D
I have 3 tips if you do!

1. Just go for it! - Took me ages doing the same thing, threatening to do it but secretly being concerned I'd mess it up

2. Leave your edge above your caps as shallow as possible (or trim it after) - This bar is big but it took 12Kg of resin. 1st 3Kg went nowhere as it just filled the underneath of the caps.

3. After each pour (if you need more than 1) be ready with your heat gun/hairdryer and give yourself 2/3 hours after pour to be able to keep checking it
Mine looked perfect 20 mins after pour, went back after 45 minutes and there were loads of little bubbles which I luckily caught most of and removed but they do tend to come back and keep appearing for about 3 hours

Hope that helps

Welcome to the forum
cheers:

I take it you like Bud.
You could say that haha

Kind of went on a tandom - Budweiser twist caps were the best to use as they were all removed by hand from bottles

Then once I did that I continued the theme as my Dad gave me the vintage sign he had sat in his garage

I do like a cold Bud however so for me it's ideal - I have promised my Home Brewing friend that I won't fill my 2nd Line though as he wants to bring his own when he comes haha

Welcome aboard!

That set up look quite fantastic! I have also been pondering doing a resin bottle cap table, smaller scale than this of course, just a side table for the fun of it more than anything else. Yours looks amazing!

Welcome aboard!

That set up look quite fantastic! I have also been pondering doing a resin bottle cap table, smaller scale than this of course, just a side table for the fun of it more than anything else. Yours looks amazing!
Thanks

I am pleased with how it came out as a 1st attempt I must admit!

Few imperfections here and there but nothing noticeable

Oh my that's quite the entrance you're making 😍.

It's the packs of peanuts and crisps that show true dedication to your craft 😂. genuinely credit where it's due, and a warm welcome. A wee while on the forum and you'll be swapping out for the oatmeal stouts, belgian dubbels, hoppy IPAs and maybe a drop of best bitter 😜.

Latest posts

Back