Newcomer saying hello.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paullus

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I've visited this site a couple of times recently just to get the feel of the place and seeking answers.
Anyway here I am now all signed up. I live in Staffordshire not too far from Burton On Trent so breweries are a familiar landmark along with the unmistakable smell and of course Marmite!
I'm not entirely new to home brewing but the last time I did any was probably around thirty years ago. Back then kits were pretty uninspiring and I didn't particularly like the taste of homebrew.
That all changed dramatically quite recently. My son bought me a lager kit for Father's Day and a friend gave me a bottle of his own Pinot Grigio and what a delightful surprise the wine was.
So off I went and bought a couple of fermenting bins, bottling kit and three wine kits and got stuck in.
I've literally just finished bottling my first batch; a 30 bottle Cellar 7 Shiraz and a the Young's Lager kit and I have a 30 bottle Beaverdale Rojo Tinto and a 6 bottle Wilco's Chardonnay coming to the end of primary fermentation.
My favourite wines are hearty reds, especially Rioja but I do like crisp dry whites too. In a nutshell I like beer and wine. But of course not to exshesh!
Looking forward to becoming a useful member of THBF.
:cheers:

welcome to the forum have fun, nowadays kits make some really good beers and wines

Latest posts

Back