Next TC... what to do

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Morning all.....

I have that empty feeling again, with 2 x 30L buckets not making themselves useful 😔

I don't have enough bottles for another wine at the mo, so it'll need to be cider

Now for the quandary, I did a batch of plain apple a month or so ago which only started to come good by the time I had drained the last couple of bottles haha... patience isn't my strong point.

I might just make another one of those unless anyone has some good ideas for a flavoursome tweak to a TC. Ivery made quite a lot flavoured with the Polish fruity syrups which come out nicely but am looking for some inspiration.

All this at 7am too 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I like the plain ones best myself and better if left 3 months IMHO.

You could try my Lowicz and NAS versions added together, everyone that has tried that has loved it.

2 packs of Tesco kiwis & 4 Limes through the blender per demijohn topped up with Apple juice
Looks Like snot to start with but after 2-3 months in the bottle tastes great.

I have 21 bottles of peach cider in the garage maturing, about 1 1/2 months so far, don't know what it tastes like yet but smelled nice when bottling

Look at old mout cider they have some good flavours that you could most likely remaster for a TC [emoji6] passion fruit one is ace [emoji108]🏼

I too have used Lowictz and also Ikea do a range of juices, some of which i have used along/side by side with the Lowicz:thumb:They do Elderflower(not used that one), Blueberry and Chokeberry i have used alonside Lowicz raspberry and it produced a reasonable drink at around 8% odd:thumb: and they also do another red berry,sorry can't recall the name however.

pineapple or grapefruit tc is my favourite, 1ltr of either to every 3-4 ltr aj.

I'm having a go at a gallon of apple and guava. I have no idea how it'll turn out though, as I just mixed the 2 until I liked the taste then pitched the yeast. it was a messy ferment but its starting to clear a little. If not it'll be going into brown bottles 😁.

I'd be interested in trying more flavours, the mango pineapple and passion fruit all sound good

20160908_072953.jpg

So what's on the agenda Roddy! That's me home so I'll be on it ASAP was hoping tonight was the start of it but other half decided she was out with the girls [emoji849] so put on the back burner for a night playing mine craft and the like with the boys [emoji23]

I think a passion fruit TC... just need to find some suitable PF puree to use 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ace Defo keep us posted [emoji106]

I ended up to the wee small hours waiting on the other half getting in so grabbed what I had available and made another punch [emoji6]

3b10133ae62aa1ab5b52971a1ce011eb.jpg

Apple & blackcurrent looks flat but it's bubbling and it's like a lava lamp so it's working away quietly [emoji57] aimed for under 4% with this one see how it goes, was really just to tide me over to I get more cider on the go this week and Moonshiners on Discovery channel that's made me go do it at all hours of the morning ! [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back