Pears

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja7

Reaction score
Hi there iv got a big old pear tree in garden wots dropping pears everywhere .
When i started beer making few years back i tried to juice a few but was to much pulp and to hard work so gave up .

Iv cleaned up so many this week im thinking of chopping it back
So thinking if im gona crop mite as well make use off the pears and giv it one last go again .
The thing is they are soft pears am i wasting my time they are tuning from green to red but evan hanging on tree are very soft .

In my old beer stock Iv got campdon tablets for after juicing belguim yeast left over , some old yeast nutriant brewing sugar crstal malts dme golden syrup .
Should i giv the cider a go or forget the pears and get a bear on the go ..

I love perry so I'd say make some! How were you pressing them?

I have an electric mill and this year I think I'm gonna buy a rack and cloth press, but I make a lot of cider and grow trees. What I used to do was have a builder's trug, place the apples in there and smash them up with a large wooden post. I'd invite friends over to help with the promise of some beer or cider at the end.

We've got an in-depth guide to making cider you might find useful, it's pretty much the same process for perry: Making Cider from Scratch - Beginners Guide

Latest posts

Back