Product recall.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Co-op grocery chain has announced a nationwide recall of 165,000 hollow milk chocolate Santa figures after two alleged tampering incidents.

A spokesperson for the Co-op said two of the chocolate figures had been found to contain a small button-cell battery.

"The health and safety of our customers is our top priority," said the spokesperson, adding that the Co-op was investigating and the police and Food Standards Agency were being notified.

No other products are affected.

The chocolates that had been subject to tampering were bought at two different locations, one in Suffolk and one in Essex.

The Co-op said customers with one of these products should not eat it, but call the company's customer relations team for a full refund.

Anyone who is concerned should call Freephone 0800 0686 727.

_93106551_chocsanta-2.jpg

Dang! I returned the button cell battery I bought this morning because it was inexplicably and annoyingly surrounded by a novelty choc santa!

I agree, the cowards are unlikely to get caught and that is why they do it, up to 165,000 people who may have bought these are now inconvenienced, i hope they do manage to catch them.

suffolk & essex are not a million miles away from each other. there's a clue there somewhere.

The packaging is obviously not tamper evident! Apart from the sicko at work here perhaps the desire to make a quick buck has helped him. (chocolate covered in foil) - I use the gender intentionally because statistically speaking most bad **** comes from men :-(

who would wish to maim or kill children at Christmas. ..

Sick b******s, if they worked for the company (big assumption here) and had an axe to grind this was not the way to get things sorted.

Maybe whoever put them there thought it was funny but harmless, not aware of the damage a swallowed one could inflict. If they did know, makes you wonder what evil they've already done and are still likely to do.

Maybe whoever put them there thought it was funny but harmless, not aware of the damage a swallowed one could inflict. If they did know, makes you wonder what evil they've already done and are still likely to do.

death by lithium battery ingestion is not fun.

whoever thinks otherwise is seriously ill. :-(

Clint, I would imagine that the majority of people who assemble chocolate santas aren't mental athletes. But ye, the culprits still want stringing up for all our sakes.

Back