Review corby_brewer Honeys revenge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubby_shaw

Regular.
Reaction score
I received a bottle of this from corby_brewer a couple of months ago but as it was a strong ale I decided to give some more time to mature.
004-1.jpg

Unfortunately on opening,there was a loud "POP" the bottle cap took off and hit the ceiling, the ceiling, the dishwasher and kitchen floor got a good coating of beer as half the contents gushed out :shock:
I was left with about half a pint
005-2.jpg

The aroma of the beer was very sweet with a vanilla/sweet cigarette smell.
On tasting it was initially very sweet with the candy cigarette theme continuing in the flavour then there was a massive attack of tangy hop bitterness and unfortunately the yeastiness came through too.
I have to say that it was a beer of extremes with it's initial very sweet taste and then extreme bitterness that may have had something to do with the yeast that had been mixed with the beer during the geyser like opening.

now thats the second one of my brews which as gone into hyperdrive :oops: God knows why :hmm: i followed alemans advice on priming this one using 1/4 teaspoon of honey per bottle. All i can say mate is sorry. :roll:

Latest posts

Back