Review - Markp's Forum brew Big Kenny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddydisco

Landlord.
Reaction score
IMAGE_143.jpg

Well got stuck into this tonight as it's raining and can't be arsed to walk up to the bar.

A great label was on this, err well it must of fell of in the post ;)

Opened with a good hiss and a fine head appeared for a breif while, but soon faded.
Little in the way of hop aroma but a nice blast of caramel/ toffee maltyness
A good mouthfeel with lots of Roast Barley taste, looking at the recipe I think the choc could do with coming up a little, it seems overpowered by the Roast Barley. The bitterness is bang on for me as well as the hopping. A bitter finish that lasts a while, making you want more.
A great beer that didn't last as long as me writing this review :( It ran out when I started this sentance. If I can neck a beer that fast it's defo a good one :thumb: Good one MarkP :cheers:
Hope you enjoy mine a I did yours :D

Im going to open my bottle later tonight so will let you know what i think.
P.S whats up with the label MD, you have BK writen on the crown cap :D

I agree with everything MD says, except for the head retention, mine lasted a good 3/4 of the way down the pint.
Little if any sedament at the bottom of the bottle which leave me to think it came from a keg. But overall its a very nice drink.

corby_brewer said:
I agree with everything MD says, except for the head retention, mine lasted a good 3/4 of the way down the pint.

Sounds like you had a dirty glass MD. :P :lol:

Back