Salt deficiency , poor sleep

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instead of salt you could acidify your sparge water to prevent harsh bitterness from grain/hop tannins then enjoy clean bitterness flavours.

IKEA firm pocket sprung mattresses are excellent

Instead of salt you could acidify your sparge water to prevent harsh bitterness from grain/hop tannins then enjoy clean bitterness flavours.

IKEA firm pocket sprung mattresses are excellent
Already do acidify with acidulated malt and do sparge water too.
The salt is to counter the AA's when using loads of hops even in a whirlpool you can get too many IBU's when loading up the hops

Alcohol trashes your sleep pattern, end of. It’s got nothing to do with salt imbalances, it’s the implicit effect of booze on the brain and there’s no escaping it.
Not sure I agree. I make a lemon & ginger liqueur. One nip, guarantees a good night's sleep in this house, everytime.

Not sure I agree. I make a lemon & ginger liqueur. One nip, guarantees a good night's sleep in this house, everytime.
The plural of anecdote isn’t data, and I’m afraid the science is very clear here. A small nip might get you off quicker, but you won’t get proper deep sleep while there’s alcohol in the system. As @Donegal john says, if the dose is low you’ll only trash 1/2 an hour of a 7-8 hour sleep and not feel the adverse effects.

Perhaps the sweet spot is 8 to 10 pints...and a lamb madras.
You’ll never know if you don’t try, would be very interested the results if you give it a go, you could always get your head down in the Poly tunnel if things don’t work out well, hell hath no fury like a women ****** of with ya. 😂😂😂🍻👍

Back