Scum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not just the Corsa that is being stripped of parts the new Toyota is also a popular target maybe it's the boy racers new favourite small hatch.

The alarm was raised on Sunday morning at around 9.55am as police were called to a report of two cars damaged on Murieston West Road.

Photos on social media show two different Vauxhall Corsas with the front bumper, bonnet and headlights ripped off the vehicles.

And windows on both vehicles were smashed.

It has been suggested that the cars were targeted by 'Corsa Cannibals'.

'Cosra Cannibalism' is the name given to the act of thieves smashing windows, popping the bonnet of cars and stealing vital bits from the front end.

Similar incident have happened all over the UK in recent years.

The craze is believed to have started in 2013 in Bedfordshire when parts were removed from over 500 Corsas.

Cops confirm that enquiries into the incident are currently on going.

The Sun.

1664272872653.png
1664272944974.png

1664272902703.png
1664272922599.png

1664273120551.png

I guess this comment shows your total lack of knowledge about cars, at £33,000 i doubt anyone could call the GR a dime a dozen car.

It’s not about a lack of knowledge. It’s to do with the fact that I'm 6'6" and quite broad shouldered. I've got trouble fitting in most hot hatches. No trouble with that in my Saab!

More scum -

Officers say they have been studying CCTV footage and making house to house inquiries

1687030419666.png

Three people linked to a robbery on an eight-year-old boy in Nottingham are being sought by police.
The victim was playing with his friend, aged 10, near Bradley Walk, Clifton, Nottingham, when they were approached by three men on bicycles.
After threatening the boys, they grabbed the bike out of the the younger child's hands and left.
Officers have now released an image of three people from close to the scene of the robbery in an effort to trace them.
Police said after carrying out door-to-door inquiries and studying CCTV footage they were now in a position to release an image linked to the crime, which took place at 17:10 BST on 16 April.
De"Targeting children to threaten and steal from them is totally unacceptable and if anyone has any information I'd urge them to get in touch with police immediately."t Con Anabelle Lee said: "This young victim and his friend were understandably upset by this incident and we are determined to track down those responsible.

BBC News

It's not just the Corsa that is being stripped of parts the new Toyota is also a popular target maybe it's the boy racers new favourite small hatch.

The alarm was raised on Sunday morning at around 9.55am as police were called to a report of two cars damaged on Murieston West Road.

Photos on social media show two different Vauxhall Corsas with the front bumper, bonnet and headlights ripped off the vehicles.

And windows on both vehicles were smashed.

It has been suggested that the cars were targeted by 'Corsa Cannibals'.

'Cosra Cannibalism' is the name given to the act of thieves smashing windows, popping the bonnet of cars and stealing vital bits from the front end.

Similar incident have happened all over the UK in recent years.

The craze is believed to have started in 2013 in Bedfordshire when parts were removed from over 500 Corsas.

Cops confirm that enquiries into the incident are currently on going.

The Sun.

View attachment 75542 View attachment 75545

View attachment 75543 View attachment 75544

View attachment 75546
That one but last isn't actually a GR Yaris, just a standard Yaris.
The GR isn't a 4 door and neither is there much of a market for the front bumper and lights as it won't fit a standard Yaris.

Sorry to go all car bore lol!

With regard to the thread title though, these types are gutter rats and street pigeons picking up scraps because they have neither the drive, skill or intelligence to actually earn an income!

May they all catch a nasty genital disease and lose the ability to reproduce.

That one but last isn't actually a GR Yaris, just a standard Yaris.
The GR isn't a 4 door and neither is there much of a market for the front bumper and lights as it won't fit a standard Yaris.

Sorry to go all car bore lol!

With regard to the thread title though, these types are gutter rats and street pigeons picking up scraps because they have neither the drive, skill or intelligence to actually earn an income!

May they all catch a nasty genital disease and lose the ability to reproduce.
Was going to say that too (also a car bore 🙂). Would like a Yaris GR though unfortunately £30k used is a bit out of my price range at the moment.

Was going to say that too (also a car bore 🙂). Would like a Yaris GR though unfortunately £30k used is a bit out of my price range at the moment.
Yes the same here, the first car I have wanted in many years. I have owned a 2006 WRX since new and every time I think of chopping it in, I can't really justify anything else for the cost, not even the GR. It's a quicker car on paper or a track, but in the real world, it's not going to be any quicker than the WRX, not the 10's of thousands extra it would cost anyway.
I am now waiting for classic car status to kick in for the Impreza lol!

Yes the same here, the first car I have wanted in many years. I have owned a 2006 WRX since new and every time I think of chopping it in, I can't really justify anything else for the cost, not even the GR. It's a quicker car on paper or a track, but in the real world, it's not going to be any quicker than the WRX, not the 10's of thousands extra it would cost anyway.
I am now waiting for classic car status to kick in for the Impreza lol!
I had a Scooby-Doo too years ago, amazing car, mine was a 2000 plate Impreza Turbo with a few mods.

Stuck with boring cars these days due to family and so on.

I had a Scooby-Doo too years ago, amazing car, mine was a 2000 plate Impreza Turbo with a few mods.

Stuck with boring cars these days due to family and so on.
The WRX is now just for fun, but was my family daily driver in the beginning. I now have a boring daily cheap work horse Kia Ceed estate, that I actually love, so I can use the WRX when I feel like best of both worlds.

British vandal begs authorities for forgiveness after being identified carving names into Rome's ancient Colosseum​

1 July 2023, 11:22 | Updated: 1 July 2023, 15:42

A British tourist filmed vandalising Rome's ancient Colosseum has begged authorities for forgiveness after being tracked down by police.

Italian authorities identified Ivan Dimitrov, 27, after footage emerged online showing him carving the words 'Ivan + Hayley 23' into the tourist attraction's historic brickwork.

Dimitrov, who lives in Bristol with his girlfriend Hayley Bracey, 33, could be seen standing in front of the landmark before he scribbles both of their names into the ancient stonework.

Italy's Carabinieri traced the pair by trawling through CCTV evidence and hotel records, narrowing down their location to Bulgaria on Friday.

Fitness instructor Dimitrov - who is also known as Ivan Hawkins - has been travelling around Europe with Ms Bracey as part of a three week holiday and could face up to five years in prison for his actions.

The Carabinieri said that after discussing the incident, Dimitrov expressed "sincere remorse" for his vandalism.

Carabinieri spokesman Major Roberto Martina told the MailOnline: "Colleagues have spoken with the man and he has expressed his apologies and sincere remorse for what he did.

"He had contacted us after we secured his mobile telephone from hotel records and left a message for him to call us. He was naturally worried about the legal implications, and these were all explained to him."

Fury erupted earlier this week after a video shot by a fellow tourist at the iconic Italian landmark depicted Dimitrov scrawling the names into the stonework of the 1,937-year-old landmark.

Clutching a set of keys, he cracks a smirk at the camera before returning to the wall and continuing to inscribe the names.

Major Martina continued: "We told him that a report would be sent to his address in the UK and then the matter would proceed to a trial, probably early next year and he would be able to apologise in person there to the court.

"We didn’t ask him why he did it, that will be for a judge to hear, we just told him that he was a suspect and was part of the investigation. The girl is not part of any complaint so is an innocent party as far as we are concerned although technically, she could be seen as an accessory."

"But again, that will be for the prosecutor to decide once we have finished our enquires which shouldn’t take too long as the main evidence is the original video of the incident.

"He told us he was very upset by what he had done, and he kept apologising for it, I think he was worried about the consequences of any trial and we explained that he could be jailed for between two and five years and be fined up to 15,000 Euro."

The incident is believed to have taken place last Friday, June 23, according to the English voice recorded as part of the video.

At the time of its construction at around 70 CE, the Colosseum is thought to have seated 50,000 spectators.

Uploaded to YouTube on June 24 by user @rytz5873, the footage was later shared on Reddit with the caption 'A*****e tourist carves name in Colosseum in Rome'.

Social media users commenting on the video called for the arrest of the culprit.

As part of the video, the English-speaking man capturing the footage can be heard saying: 'Are you serious man? That is f***ed up man. Stupid a*****e.'

If reported to police, the individual could be fined £1750 (€2,065) and face up to one year in prison.

It's not the first time a tourist has been caught and reprimanded for defacing what's believed to be the world's largest Amphitheatre.

An Irish tourist was arrested by Carabinieri police in September 2020 for allegedly carving his initials into the Colosseum in a similar incident.

Reported to police by the Colosseum's private security firm, the 32-year-old was caught inscribing his two initials into a pillar on the landmark's first floor.

Measuring about 2" high, the letters, inscribed using a metal point, saw the anonymous individual stand accused of damaging a historical and artistic landmark.

LBC News

A tourist filmed carving names on to an inner wall at Rome's ancient Colosseum says he did not realise how old the monument was when he acted. aheadbutt

Bristol-based Ivan Dimitrov made the comment in a letter of apology to Rome's mayor, saying he understood "the seriousness of the deed".
He etched "Ivan + Hayley 23" - his and his girlfriend's names - on the 2,000-year-old amphitheatre with a key.
His actions were filmed by a bystander in June and sparked condemnation.
A five-day police search followed and he now reportedly faces legal proceedings.
In the letter, seen by BBC News West, Mr Dimitrov offered his "heartfelt and honest apologies to the Italians and to the whole world".
He continued: "I admit with profound embarrassment that only after what regretfully happened did I learn of the antiquity of the monument."
He said that he praised those who "guard the inestimable historical and artistic value of the Colosseum with dedication, care and sacrifice".
He added: "I am also aware of the fact that a similar conduct, in my country, would result in far more serious consequences.
"For this reason I assume all responsibility and I will sincerely and concretely commit myself to redeem and remedy the mistake I made.
"The incivility, superficiality and thoughtlessness with which I acted, damaging the Colosseum to the detriment of anyone who legitimately wishes to admire and enjoy it, have no justification."
The lawyer for Mr Dimitrov, Alexandro Maria Tirelli, told the BBC: "We have already formulated a plea bargain request.
"The boy will certainly benefit from a suspended sentence, the fact is heinous but not serious."
The 27-year-old man was filmed by another visitor who verbally reprimanded him before handing the recording to security officials.
A video of the scene was uploaded on to YouTube and shared across social media.
If convicted of an offence, he could face a fine of up to 15,000 euros (£12,500) as well as a prison sentence of between two and five years.
Mr Dimitrov's lawyer told El Messaggero that it is hoped the letter will help his client avoid the harshest sentence.
The Colosseum is one of the best-known symbols of Imperial Rome, and Italy's most popular tourist site.
It is a protected Unesco World Heritage Site, meaning it is considered to be a place of "outstanding universal value".
The incident prompted widespread condemnation in Italy and across the globe.
Italian Culture Minister Gennaro Sangiuliano said it "was offensive to everyone around the world who appreciates the value of archaeology, monuments and history".

I do appreciate the importance of old historical buildings such as this. However, my work means I deal with many people who end up in contact with the law for incidents from vandalism and theft to threatening behaviour, drug offences and assault, but very rare is it that any of them face much in the way of consequences in this country.

I am sure this guy will probably get the full works as an example to other, for simply being a clown and an inconsiderate idiot, when others can abuse and hurt people with little more than a slap on the wrist.

I am not in any way defending or condoning this idiots actions, more a little taken aback at the sentence and fine he faces when I see others genuinely hurt by the actions of nasty vindictive people and just getting away with it.

This kind of thing messes with my moral compass a little...

Back