Serious incident in Dublin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Five people, including three children, have been taken to hospital after a serious incident in Dublin, Irish police say.

1700756447151.png

Irish broadcaster RTÉ have reported the injuries have come from a suspected stabbing incident.
It happened shortly after 13:40 local time on Parnell Square East, not far from one of the city's busiest streets O'Connell Street.
The casualties are a man, a woman and three young children.
One of the children, a girl, and the woman are being treated for serious injuries.
The incident happened near a school. Gaelscoil Cholaiste Mhuire.

The Taoiseach (Irish Prime Minister) Leo Varadkar said police had detained a suspect and that he had been left "shocked" by the incident.
"I have been in contact with the minister for justice who is keeping me updated. The facts in this matter are still emerging," he added.

'Absolute bedlam'

An eyewitness told RTÉ how she and another bystander disarmed a man with a knife.
Siobhan Kearney described the scene as "absolutely bedlam"
"Without thinking, I just took across the road to help out," she said.
"Two children and the woman were taken back into the school where they were coming from."

On the man with the knife, she said that he was on the ground and there were a lot of people trying to restrain him.
"Me and an American lady formed a ring around him saying we'd wait on the garda (police)."
She said that the ambulance came first within three or four minutes and all the emergency services were there in five minutes.

The area has been sealed off and declared a crime scene.
An Garda Síochána (Irish police) said it is following a definite line of inquiry and are not looking for any other person at this time.
In a statement, the Irish Minister for Justice Helen McEntee said she was "deeply shocked by the appalling attack".
She added that her thoughts are with those injured, especially with the children, their parents and families, during "this extremely difficult period".
Meanwhile, Sinn Féin leader and Dublin central TD Mary Lou McDonald said the incident had sent "shock and horror throughout the community".
"My heart goes out to all the hurt and injured, the parents, teachers but especially the children who have been so traumatised", she added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67512002

1700756707480.png

Lots of anti social behaviour in Dublin City center. Parnell Street can be very hairy.
Lack of Gardai presence a huge problem and drug abuse

Visiting me Ma in the Mater hospital. Traffic is nuts. There's protests just around the corner.
I assume victims of the attack were brought here.

It was mentioned on the radio a few minutes ago but little detail given and it was kind of brushed over which I thought strange.

It was mentioned on the radio a few minutes ago but little detail given and it was kind of brushed over which I thought strange.

Dublin riot: 'Huge destruction' after school stabbing leads to 34 arrests​

• Published
      43 minutes ago

• Rioting in Dublin in the aftermath of a stabbing outside a school caused "huge destruction" and led to 34 arrests, Ireland's police chief has said.
    Violence flared on Thursday after three children and a teacher were injured in a knife attack in the city centre.
    The head of An Garda Síochána (the Irish police force) Drew Harris said 11 police vehicles and 13 shops were badly damaged during the clashes.
    Several of his officers were injured in the riot, with one seriously hurt.
    Three buses and a tram were also destroyed during more than three hours of sustained rioting.
    Public order policing units from all over the Republic of Ireland were called in to support officers in the city.
  • Fill article - Dublin riot: 'Huge destruction' after school stabbing leads to 34 arrests

Latest posts

Back