Splitting a 1 can kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just got a Youngs harvest stout along with a Geordie bitter and a mild from Tesco sale.
Thinking of splitting the stout into two brews, adding spray malt, some steeped grains, hops and black treacle to one batch and doing the other along the same lines but perhaps different hops, adding some cold steeped coffee beans and omitting the black treacle but using demerera sugar instead and perhaps different grains.Would punch it into the recipe builder first.
Providing i divide up the fermentables properly and the hops, is there anything to stop me splitting a one can kit? Would probably make both batches around 10 litres, so both brewed short.

I split a Coopers IPA because I wanted to try it with 2 different hops. Made it all up in one FV and transfered half to another FV. Then added a hop tea to each and half the kit yeast to each. Came out fine.

I'v never heard of anyone splitting a 1 can kit but I can't think why it wouldn't work
Ok ta
Don't always want 30/ 40 pints of the same beer/floavour/style whatever. Just thought perhaps split a can and halve the sugar/spraymalt and any steeped grains and hops and vary the two brews.
Going to give it a try at some stage with my Youngs harvest Stout.:)

Ok ta
Don't always want 30/ 40 pints of the same beer/floavour/style whatever. Just thought perhaps split a can and halve the sugar/spraymalt and any steeped grains and hops and vary the two brews.
Going to give it a try at some stage with my Youngs harvest Stout.:)

I have a Coopers stout that I am going to split into four 5L bottles for secondary and add different flavours to each coffee, chocolate and vanilla. Can't decide what I wanted to do so thought why not try them all :)

Latest posts

Back