Swapping out S30 for ball lock posts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1964

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all
Spotted these today
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164347162930Would it be possible to fit these on pressure barrels rather than s30 posts. I'm thinking of using one gas setup for Corney Kegs and pressure barrels.
Obviously I would use a regulator on the gas line.
On a kingkeg top maybe leave the existing s30 in place, and just drill out another hole to fit these??
Can it be done.
Cheers Jon

Hi all
Spotted these today
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164347162930Would it be possible to fit these on pressure barrels rather than s30 posts. I'm thinking of using one gas setup for Corney Kegs and pressure barrels.
Obviously I would use a regulator on the gas line.
On a kingkeg top maybe leave the existing s30 in place, and just drill out another hole to fit these??
Can it be done.
Cheers Jon

I’m sure it is and @Buffers brewery has gone all out along this path.

I’m thinking of using Schrader valves and just injecting CO2 from my gas bottle periodically to top-up, leaving the S30 in place.

My reservation with using a gas post and retaining the S30 (and assuming you keep the gas ball-lock pressurising the keg) is that you’ll return to an empty CO2 bottle as the pressure release rubber in the S30 valve ages and looses it’s grip.

I’m sure it is and @Buffers brewery has gone all out along this path.

I’m thinking of using Schrader valves and just injecting CO2 from my gas bottle periodically to top-up, leaving the S30 in place.

My reservation with using a gas post and retaining the S30 (and assuming you keep the gas ball-lock pressurising the keg) is that you’ll return to an empty CO2 bottle as the pressure release rubber in the S30 valve ages and looses it’s grip.
Can you get a connector to fit a schrader valve easily, as I have a rotokeg 4 inch cap which is fitted with a schrader. 😊

Did someone mention my name? :laugh8:
IMG_20201013_121054568.jpg

I changed to a corny post for gas after I ran out of S30 Brewgas during lockdown and I could get a cylinder delivered. I got rid of the S30 valve completely and fitted a "proper" pressure relief valve. Then decided on making a Barrelator and fitted the beer post for the full set.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/s30-hambleton-bard-connector-alternative.89178/One of my threads from the past. The brass key is not to wind it up but to unscrew a bleed valve, as an alternative to a proper pressure relief valve. I've changed my mind about that approach now as it can be a pain during carbonation.
The RBT suppliers will be after you !!!
Looking at the price of gas I am seriously looking at fitting corney keg connectors on my 5 PB`s ( I have got a corney keg set up coming soon)

The RBT suppliers will be after you !!!
Looking at the price of gas I am seriously looking at fitting corney keg connectors on my 5 PB`s ( I have got a corney keg set up coming soon)
If you're getting a cylinder and regulator set up for a corny then IMO it makes sense to fit posts to your PBs. The cost of the posts will be covered by the savings on gas and hassle :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back