Temporary bottle caps to keep crud out after cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireworkmaster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all discovered these on Amazon ( sure you can find them elsewhere for better price )
But these have proved really handy for those that bottle their brews.
Been cleaning bottle as I'm using , then giving them a squirt of sanitiser, leaving to dry then capping with these till next bottling day , quick rins with the bottle washer and chemsan no rinse and off ya go .
48 PCS Silicone Bottle Caps Beer Savers Lids Reusable Rubber Beer Caps Saver Colorful Bottle Stopper for Home Brewing Beer Kitchen Gadgets 48 PCS Silicone Bottle Caps Beer Savers Lids Reusable Rubber Beer Caps Saver Colorful Bottle Stopper for Home Brewing Beer Kitchen Gadgets : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

Someone mentioned them on here before and I was going to get them... Then forget.

I found a dead slug in the bottom of one of my bottles years ago. 🤢

I just use foil. Wash bottles and let dry upside down in ezidry racks, then some foil wrapped over the top and into a box. I know any foil capped bottles are good to go.
Bottling day is remove foil, rinse using vinator bottle washer filled with starsan, and stack on bottle tree next to bottling bucket...

Last edited:
I just use the cap that i took off the bottle in the first place to cover the bottle again until its next fill. Granted its not air tight bit it stops any **** from getting in as you can just press it on with your hand and they clip into place.

I use cling film. Keeps dust and bugs out. 5 bottles in a row, 3 inch strip of cling film stretched over the top, then use scissors to separate the bottles.

Cling film repurposed afterwards. Used to be called chucking it on the fire, but I'm hip with the new jargon.

I use cling film. Keeps dust and bugs out. 5 bottles in a row, 3 inch strip of cling film stretched over the top, then use scissors to separate the bottles.

Cling film repurposed afterwards. Used to be called chucking it on the fire, but I'm hip with the new jargon.
Did go the cling film route initially but my autistic daughter took great pride in poking holes in each covered bottle lol .

I just use the cap that i took off the bottle in the first place to cover the bottle again until its next fill. Granted its not air tight bit it stops any **** from getting in as you can just press it on with your hand and they clip into place.
I recap with a once used star saned cap

I been using for years to cap bottles once clean.

16676566091991845997938351256058.jpg

Why not rinse the bottle, a squirt of metabisulphite solution already made up in a 1 Litre PET and then crimp the old crown cap back on. Been doing that for years. Bottles only require a rinse before refilling.
Nice silicone caps though, I might get some just out of fun.

Back