Tuckers Malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
From their website

For nearly 120 years we produced malt in the traditional way on our own Maltings floors in Newton Abbot. In late 2018 we ceased production and now have malt made for by another Maltster who uses the same traditional floor method of producing top quality malt as we did.

We regularly have stocks of 25kgs Crushed Pale, Maris Otter, Crystal & Wheat Malt at Crediton. We can also supply a whole range of other different malts which we can normally obtain within a week.

I bought a 25kg bag last week for £24 and picked it up in Newton Abbot. I used to buy from their NA site when it was operating and it's a traditional floor malt which I found to be very good.

Interesting! I've had a holiday down there every year, except this year,for the last 15 years. I visited Tuckers when it was working,although I wasn't brewing then. Did you just turn up or book a collection?

I rang their office in Crediton and asked if they still sold 25kg bags to the public. The site manager said they did and that he would drop a bag off at their NA site which is now a bar. I picked it up and paid on receipt. £24 for crushed floor malt a bargain.

Latest posts

Back