UK CO2 cylinder outlet

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpjordan

Reaction score
Morning,
I am getting a Corny Keg with regulator that has a UK CO2 cylinder female input.
I already have a 6kg CO2 cylinder which is hooked up to a SodaSyphon adapter which runs my SodaStream machine directly instead of using their small, expensive cylinders. Works well.
My question is this. Is there such a thing as a tee piece that will connect to my CO2 bottle, give me a direct output for the whip which has 1/4" BSP male) to my SodaStream and have a male CO2 cylinder end so I can also connect the Corny regulator? In other words W21.8 female at one end, 21.8 male st the other with a 1/4" BSP female tee-d off of it.

Sketch attached

Or any other means of doing it?

Long winded but hope it is all there!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CO2 adapter.jpg
    CO2 adapter.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4
Morning,
I am getting a Corny Keg with regulator that has a UK CO2 cylinder female input.
I already have a 6kg CO2 cylinder which is hooked up to a SodaSyphon adapter which runs my SodaStream machine directly instead of using their small, expensive cylinders. Works well.
My question is this. Is there such a thing as a tee piece that will connect to my CO2 bottle, give me a direct output for the whip which has 1/4" BSP male) to my SodaStream and have a male CO2 cylinder end so I can also connect the Corny regulator? In other words W21.8 female at one end, 21.8 male st the other with a 1/4" BSP female tee-d off of it.

Sketch attached

Or any other means of doing it?

Long winded but hope it is all there!

Thanks in advance
Does the SodaSyphon adaptor regulate?

It is dodgy having extensions carrying gas at the pressure of a CO2 cylinder. But I see it done (or rather hear of it done, I'd prefer to be too far away to see it). The pressure is just short of 60 BAR. Just be aware that "normal" adapters for carrying gas are only rated for 10 BAR.

Take care.

I use my sodastream a lot and thought about doing the same. Decided just to get a second CO2 cylinder instead. The sodastream goes through CO2 much quicker than my kegs so its handy having that second cylinder. Only extra cost really is the deposit on the cylinder which is refunded if returned.

Latest posts

Back