Upcoming talk on beer haze

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewers Journal

Reaction score
Brewers Congress December 2022 | Announcement

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I am thrilled to have the incredible Dawn Maskell, director of the International Centre for Brewing and Distilling at Heriot-Watt University, speaking at this year's event in London.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. As brewers we put significant effort into the way our products appear to the consumer, with many different styles having a particular appearance that the consumer is expecting.

Haze is an important factor in the appearance of beer, whether that be a feature or a product defect. In this talk Professor Maskell will take us through an introduction to beer haze, featuring an investigation into identification of the source of an unwanted beer haze and finishing off with a taste of the next haze based research which will be coming out of the International Centre for Brewing and Distilling at Heriot-Watt University.

The Brewers Congress takes place in London on the 8th and 9th December at the Business Design Centre in Islington. For full information on the event and to get tickets, please click the link below or drop me a line! Thanks, Tim

https://www.brewersjournal.info/congress/

Back