Weyermann's Floor Malted Bohemian Pilsner Malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezbrews

Apprentice commercial brewer, amateur home brewer
Reaction score
Does anyone have much experience with this malt? I tried it once, but that doesn't give me much perspective. If anyone has used this 100%, how would you say it compares to 100% any other pilsner malt in terms of colour, flavour, aroma and fermentation profile (like, does it promote more sulphur kick off? This is just an example, you don't have to specifically answer this if it's not relevant.)? Is the cost justified?

I'm not a lager brewer (or much of a lager drinker TBH) but there's certainly a hard core of fans out there who reckon it is worth it.

OTOH, if it was me, I'd probably go for the Crisp Hana - also fantastic but without the premium for import.

I'm not a lager brewer (or much of a lager drinker TBH) but there's certainly a hard core of fans out there who reckon it is worth it.

OTOH, if it was me, I'd probably go for the Crisp Hana - also fantastic but without the premium for import.
I’ve brewed with the Crisp Hana malt but found that it needs a long Dyacetyl rest other wise you will get that buttered popcorn taste.

Latest posts

Back