What music are you listening too or watching

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**Shameless self promotion**

I'm listening to my bands 2nd EP, Finally got CD's back from the printers and checking the duplication is ok.

Anyone who likes a bit of Punk (more precisely Horror Punk) check it out at www.deadstiff.com or go over to youtube and search for Dead Stiff - Ed Gein

If you're into horror punk, what do you think of the original Misfits line-up reforming for Riotfest? I'd give my left bollock to go over for that.!

I've never managed to get into the Misfits, as hard as I've tried. I do like TSOL quite a lot, if they count as Horror Punk! I have a couple of Nekromantics albums too, although they are more like "Horror Psychobilly".

I'm going t blame the weather and not my age for my musical tastes I think! I am a huge Paul Weller fan and always have something Jam or Weller related in the car (not so much Style Council, but there is still the odd cd in there too!) but on he way home today has some Hosier on which suited the sunshine rather well! Had John Newman on for the drive to work this morning. I still like most things Indie, some Rock, a bit of Blues - a real mixed bag I guess.

Im finding this thread (I created) fascinating, since I thought, wrongly, you would all be listening to Mantovani but in fact have an incredibly diverse range of tastes.
I currently listening to Captain Beafheart and some Love albums.

I'm going t blame the weather and not my age for my musical tastes I think! I am a huge Paul Weller fan and always have something Jam or Weller related in the car (not so much Style Council, but there is still the odd cd in there too!) but on he way home today has some Hosier on which suited the sunshine rather well! Had John Newman on for the drive to work this morning. I still like most things Indie, some Rock, a bit of Blues - a real mixed bag I guess.

Variety is the spice of life. Good music is good music, irrespective of genre!

Variety is the spice of life. Good music is good music, irrespective of genre!

I agree Mick but I like music to make a 'Statement' i.e. maybe political or social other than man meets girl...girl meets man and they fall in love. I remember someone asking pete waterman to write a lyric without the word Love in it...........
he couldn't! DOH:doh:

Im finding this thread (I created) fascinating, since I thought, wrongly, you would all be listening to Mantovani but in fact have an incredibly diverse range of tastes.
I currently listening to Captain Beafheart and some Love albums.

This reminds me of an Alan Partridge quote, where he argues that he has diverse tastes in music "I love all music, from Chris Rea to Dire Straights". I still love that quote. :lol:

This reminds me of an Alan Partridge quote, where he argues that he has diverse tastes in music "I love all music, from Chris Rea to Dire Straights". I still love that quote. :lol:
was in the up last night with my best mate and we a greed that 'prog rock' was pretentious ****...done!!!!!!

I found this classic which I love..the girl singers are just so out of their depth and totally bemused....too many notes!!
The song is called CHEEPNIS and is all about cheap monster movies..
Fantastic musicianship - I defy anyone to disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7nB4trlCzI

That's a great video. Although I have to disagree, the backing singers are doing a fine job. Imagine trying to fit in with what's going on in Frank Zappa's head.

Back