Winexpert Reserve - Cabernet Sauvignon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale House Rock

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been brewing beer from kits for a good few years but thought I'd have a bash at wine. Looked on here for hints and tips of where to begin and the general consensus seemed to be that a you could make a decent enough white wine from a kit but reds always seemed to be a bit uninspiring. I'm not a big white wine drinker myself but my wife likes a pinot grigio so I started with that and then a sauvignon blanc also from the Winexpert Reserve range. Wife preferred the SB so we've kinda stuck with that. Anyway, being more of a red wine man and despite the misgivings of some other contributors, I decided to give the Winexpert Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon a go. Maybe I'm not much of a connoisseur but this wine exceeded all my expectations. I generally buy my reds from Naked Wines - usually Malbec or Cab Sauv in the £10 - £12 range. I wouldn't say the kit wine is 'as good' but its not far away. So, if you are a bit hesitant (as I was) to try making your own full bodied red, give this kit a go. You may be pleasantly surprised.

We like the make your own red wine from the range its only £25 but doesn't taste like it.

There are some damn good make it yourself reds. I used to make this one a lot....great full-bodied red:

this one

1704292102673.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back