Ritchies On The Rocks, Raspberry and Lime Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brews-brothers

Reaction score
I made this a few weeks ago.

It fermented exactly as the instructions stated. Very easy to brew.

It has a little flavour sachet to add at the end.

First impressions when it was first brewd was, tasty, sweet, full of flavour and clear.

If you want a Kopparberg clone then this is the one you need.

I started mine on the 11th May, so just over 3 weeks now.

I have them in 2 litre PET bottles and they are clearing nicely, will leave them another week then try one :)

iv just put one on :) , would like to know when and how you put the flavouring in without introducing any air if anyone has any tips , i may have to keg it then bottle as iv not got a second bucket .

im really looking forward to this brew :)

Just read the instructions. It says

"Once fermentation is complete, transfer the cider into a second fermentation bin (ideally with tap) leaving the sediment behind.

Add the Raspberry & Lime Add-back and stir to mix in then proceed with the following options.

BARRELLING Add 3oz of sugar and stir well to dissolve. Transfer to your barrel before leaving to stand.

BOTTLING Add 5oz of sugar and stir well to dissolve."

You will be able to rack straight to your barrel, just leave as much crud behind as poss'.

Nice!!

I have just been thinking about starting ciders (currently on ales/stouts) but was concerned after reading that ciders take about 3 months?? (is this turbo cider only).

Can I just ask....couldn't the flavour be added into a pint of heated water with with priming sugar (ie batch prime+flavour) and rack directly into this mix, reducing the possibility of air contamination?

Started this kit 07/06/12
Added 1.3kg brewing sugar
Added 18L of ashbeck mineral water
OG 1.045 - 1.050
Pitched supplied yeast @ 25c
Fermented around 20c
FG just below 1.000 on 16/06/12

Racked into a clean FV on 16/06/12 and added the flavour pack, I was really annoyed at this point as almost half of the flavour pack spilt on the floor, I added the rest of the pack to the brew, which turned it from a cider colour to a nice shade of pink, Iwas tempted to pour the lot away and buy another kit as I thought - thats it I have ruined it, it wont have any taste at all.

Bottled the lot in various bottles, most of which were 500ml glass, some were 450ml Grolsch swing tops... all had 1st of brewing sugar, then stored in a cupboard.

Tried one I think on 02/07/12, from the grolsch bottle, popped the top, foamed out of the bottle and would not stop (over primed), poured most into a glass and tried it....I have to say, even though I must have lost a lot of the flavour when the supplied flavour pack spilt on the floor, it actually tasted pretty good.

Clear as a bell, flavour was not that strong, but still a good hint of fruit. Had a bit of an eggy smell which I think will go with time.

Already planning on get another of these, and maybe the limmited edition berry if I can. With any luck I wont mess the next one up!

Pretty good so far all in all :cheers:

Just started this today, looks very straight forward the instructions . I plan on doing a kit of either beer,ale or cider each week, so i am bottling every week , so should get some decent stocks ready for a few upcoming events.. lol

A very good kit. Kit mixed in with 22 litres of water and 1300 grams of Dextrose, poured the flavouring into the bottling bucket when it came to bottle the cider, mixes in really well . The cider is pretty good after 2 weeks in the FV and 2 weeks carbonating in the bottle. Gorgeous raspberry flavour with a hint of lime, spot on.

Brewed this twice, once in a plastic pressure barrel then a second time in corny/bottles; I much prefer the bottles or the corny approach, a bit of fizz goes well with this kit (personal preference). :thumb:

Well, I'm not holding out much hope for mine. Followed instructions exactly and although the taste is just about spot on, the eggy smell is still there 4 weeks later.

Hi, mine had an eggy smell to it and it has been made around 3 months now.

I opened a bottle last night and I recon its just perfect now. No eggy smell what so ever. Its smooth refreshing and very tasty.
Not quite as strong fruit flavour as Kopparberg but is still a fab drink.

The blueberry I did is also very nice, that smelled a bit eggy too but is now nicer than the Raspberry and Lime!

I'm currently sat next to my fv bucket and it seems to be fermenting away happily :D I started it off Saturday so 3 or 4 days till I bottle . I can't wait to see what it turns out like.

Well i bottled it today and after opening it the smell reminded me of strongbow which put me off straight away :lol:
however i have now bottled and will wait for a few weeks before trying. One thing however, i worked out my ABV and presuming i have worked it out correct (i used the calculator along the top) mine is allegedly 8% :shock:
Has anyone else noticed this with theirs? or am i a lone case? i may have added a bit too much sugar maybe?

Thanks Simon :thumb:

Latest posts

Back