Vintner's Reserve Shiraz

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearlfisher

Landlord.
Reaction score
This was my second attempt at a Shiraz kit and the first at a 30 bottle kit.
Previously I'd made a 6 bottle kit of Beaverdale Shiraz which I was extremely pleased with and was ready to drink as soon as I bottled it but there didn't seem to be much difference between the first bottle and the last bottle four months later.

When I bottled this 10 days ago the first mouthful from the syphon tube was very non descript and I feared the worst.
Four days later I needed some red wine for a sauce and this was the only red I had , seemed a pity not to drink the rest of the bottle and I was pleasantly surprised , but still not quite as tasty as the Beaverdale.
Yesterday I needed some more for cooking and it was now equal if not better than the Beaverdale , if it keeps improving like this I'll be very happy.
I'll keep you informed!

interesting that the results for the beaverdale kit were so good straight after bottling - all my wine kits have very much benefited from at least a month in the bottle before drinking :hmm:

Latest posts

Back