Reserve Du Chateau Cabernet Sauvignon Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slate Miner

Reaction score
I made this 30 bottle, 4 week kit back at the beginning of March this year. Purchased from Amazon for the amazing price of £15.66 :shock: :lol: The current price is £62 !! however it's certainly worth keeping an eye on the price of these kits from amazon as the price can fluctuate quite a bit. Worth buying if it slips below £30 in the future.

I followed the instructions, using tap water, and campden tablets when I racked a couple of times, the final gravity reading was 1000, and from my initial notes the fermentation started very quickly.

This kit also included labels, shrinkwraps and corks, I ended up with 28.5 bottles. :party:

Last week we opened the first bottle 4 half months after bottling, this really is a very nice, easy drinking fruity wine and at around 55 pence a bottle an absolute bargain. :lol: :rofl: Certainly compares with a £5 or £6 bottle of Aussie Cab Sauv. :thumb:

Yes I was fortunate to get this at a very low price, however in my mind (and taste) it's certainly a notch or two better than cellar7, and probably on par with the Beaverdale and Cal Con wine kits.

r8thzk.jpg

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I agree this has turned out to be a good wine. Like you I got it for £16. Just bottled ours yesterday after maturing for 5 months. Very impressed. Good colour, body and a fruiy taste, with a slight peppery aftertatse. I got 29 bottles exactly. SG was 1.090 and FG was .998, so similar to yours. Very impressed and equal to Beverdale. I will certainly keep an eye on the price. Def worth £30-40 for this kit, but at £16 it's stunning. Can't wait for the Merlot to be ready now. Just a shame I didn't buy more.

I've bought their pinot grigio kit recently from Amazon at £27 which I thought was a good price.
Going to start it off this week after collecting the water from Haslad Spring ,Malvern.

Just come to stabilise the Pinot Grigio and the instructions say to add the contents of packages 3 and 4 to half a cup of cool water , there aren't any! only package 2 which states stabiliser on it ,but isn't mentioned in the instructions? :?

My guess is Package 3 should be the stabiliser, which you have and the other will be finings. My last kit has a two part clear sachet.

bobsbeer said:
My guess is Package 3 should be the stabiliser, which you have and the other will be finings. My last kit has a two part clear sachet.

Thanks BB , instructions say package 3 metabisulphate and package 4 sorbate so I suppose they've just combined them into package 2 as stabiliser..

I also had the 2 part clearing sachet with this kit.

Latest posts

Back