Cellar 7 Shiraz Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyhibbett

Landlord.
Reaction score
Having been quite pleased with their cabernet sauvignon and merlot, I gave this one a try. I doesn't taste like any shiraz I know, mostly Australian, but this no great surprise as it uses European concentrate and would be better described as Syrah. Nonetheless, it would have greatly benefitted from oak chips (not supplied) and made to 25 bottles, rather than 30, as the abv is only 10%. This still wouldn't make it any more like Australian shiraz, though, but more akin to burgundy.

Hi Tony, I felt this was more suited to a review, hence I've moved your thread into the wine kit reviews forum :thumb:

Of all the wine kits I did, I never found a red wine kit that I was entirely impressed with - as you say, reducing the volume to concentrate both the flavour and the ABV might be a wise move - unless the kit manufacturers get plagued enough by their customers to provide a more concentrated juice to begin with..... :hmm:

Back