Kenridge classic sauvignon blanc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put this on a few days ago (6-2-13). Will let you know how I get on with it. :party:

Ok. Bottled the this KenRidge Sauvignon Blanc today. Had previously racked it twice and then filtered. It looks very clear in the bottle.
The taste is amazing for a wine so young. Ended up with 26 and 3/4 bottles.
Will finish the odd 3/4 bottle tonight probably. ( ok then for sure)
Excellent wine, would recommend to anyone who is into dry whites. Better than many I have tasted at £6-£7 per bottle.
I am sure it will get better over the next 6 months.
Having just started brewing I am trying to build a stash of wine so i can let it mature.
I am very impressed with KenRidge products, so will now try the more expensive showcase range next. An Australian Cabernet Sauvignon is on its way.

Try the Founder's series. It would be interesting to know the difference in quality between the classic and the Founder's Marlborough Sauv Blanc.

Would love to try the Kenridge Sauvignon Blanc but will have to wait for a while. We probably drink 5 reds for 1 white so this should last a while. I will eventually try the founders series as I have found a brand I like so see no need to change from KenRidge. They have an amazing spread of wines and they taste great.
I tend to stick to something that I find is good unless someone can change my mind.
At less than £ 2 per bottle for the classic and less than £3 for the showcase, great value and tates great as well.

Got this one to go after the Borollo. Really looking forward to trying both of these after all the good reviews. Couldn't even revisit a sneaky taste after the first two weeks of fermentation and already you can tell there is a real depth of flavour.

A quick question though, I have one 23 carboy and one 30 litre fermentation vessel. I am in the carboy for the second part of the fermentation but when I move to the degassing stage will it be ok to go to a 23 litre FV or should I then go back to the carboy, I.e. what is worse, the headspace in the 23 litre FV for a couple of days or the introduction of oxygen going out the carboy and then back again?

Cheers

I did this kit for my mum, my wife doesn`t normally like white wine but even she thought it was very nice. I too would recommend this kit as a very nice wine. infact i told my mum i only got 27 bottles from it so i could squirrel 3 away for myself :-)

Back