Beaverdale Merlot 6 bottle kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogwitch

Reaction score
I started this kit on 9/2/2013, made it exactly according to the kit instructions.

OG 1082 and FG of 995 making a final ABV of 11.5
After racking, it was bottled on 14/03/2013. As usual, I got 5 1/2 bottles so the half went for sampling. The results from the sample were very promising! It had a nice dark ruby colour and lots of body. It tasted as good as a £7ish bottle of Merlot and that was fresh from the demijohn.

I've managed to keep my hands off it thus far, I plan to keep this one and test the first bottle after it's been there for a couple of months. If it's as good as the early indicators suggest, I'll be making up a 30 bottle batch to be ready for christmas.

I am just getting back into winemaking and tried some of the cheaper kits, but was advised to try the Beaverdale Merlot. I am about to bottle my first attempt it smells really fuity and fresh so are looking forward to trying it. I am planning the same as you my next will be a 30 bottle kit.

I've just made this kit, and it obviously tasted better when you made it. Yes i've tried it straight away without resting, but it would have to improve an awful lot. It's barely drinkable. Bear in mind the only previous kit i made was the Wilko chardonnay - ok if chilled well. But this was just awful, and i do drink a lot of wine. Hoping the Pinot is better.

Back