Muntons Mondego reserve medium white

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattN

Regular.
Reaction score
I bought a few of these 30 bottle kits when they were on offer at the local Wilkinsons a few months ago. I was quite new to the hobby and thought that learning and possibly making mistakes these kits would be ideal.

The instructions suggest that it should be ready to bottle in about a week, for me it took 17 days. I made the kit up to 20 litres (rather than 23) and had a OG of 1.088 and finished at .994 resulting in 12.3% ABV.

Although the finings that were supplied cleared the wine within 24 hours I still filtered it and was very pleased with the result.

On the occasions that I buy white wine I would probably pay between £5-£7 per bottle (Blossom Hill, Jacobs Creek) type of thing and I think this was similar (ish).

Would I buy it again? Yes, but I as I have only done seven or eight kits so far I might try a few others first. I think that these kits are about £17 at the regular price, I paid £6.00. So including the sugar, the filter pad an the kit I got 25 bottles for about 40p each.

Would I buy it again if I could at £6.00? Yes, as many as I could carry.

Matt

Latest posts

Back