Youngs Pear Cider Kit - Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg167

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I talked the other half in to buying a cider kit to see if she could make use of my new found hobby, and this is what she can!e back with.

This took about 9 days to ferment out, but I can't remember the figures sorry. A first taste after 2 weeks in the warm, and a few in the cold was, to be honest, disappointing. However, left for 3-4 weeks this has matured somewhat. It is quite a sharp cider, if you are used to drinking something like Stella Cidre or a berry cider. I am not a fan of pear cider but have grown to like this. I would say this seems to become fizzier by the week too, almost like a champagne feel in the mouth.

I have tried adding a sweetener and leaving it, which does make it a lot sweeter almost like pear drops in taste. However this should be left as is in my opinion and seems more "real" in taste that way, and more refreshing.

All in all I am rather pleased with this one, and will brew one next summer (as I say I don't really like pear cider!). May try adding some elderflower to this as well, to see what can be created as for the price of these kits, its not a lot to lose.

Latest posts

Back