£13.30 for 25kg bag of Pale Malt - North West England and the Midlands

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
just starting in AG but if all goes well then by February I should be up for this. Not certain but probably 1 x 25kg Maris/Pale and then 3kg of Chocolate & Crystal, possibly others, depends how the experimentation goes in the next couple of months, plus I am starting from a low stockholding!

Possibly also a split on some yeast if there are any other takers.

No problems on transport. I'm in Sandbach too.
Given the number of pubs in Sandbach its surprising how many of the inhabitants seem to brew at home!
Thanks - we will add you to our tentative list and will contact again in January - good luck with AG

Good point about the pubs

Indeed CC

It's very helpful of you to be a hub for Warrington

We need to find a different solution for East Lancs, we can't let any of it become too onerous for any of us.

We are just enthusiasts doing each other a favour

I hope that as more people express interest we find a more practical solution for E Lancs

Thanks
Thanks OB

I live Near East Midlands airport and would be quite happy to collect for others in my area.

I'd be up for participating in this. I would likely want 25kg of one of the pale malts, 25kg of the lager and a selection of 3kg of some of the others, but I would have to have a think about what I'd want from the specialty malts.

Can anyone help me with the differences between the Pale Planet, Pale Craft and the "Blend MO 50:50". I assume the latter is a Maris Otter/Pale blend?

I'm in Sale so I don't mind doing some drop offs in South Manchester/North Cheshire within reason.

I'd be up for participating in this. I would likely want 25kg of one of the pale malts, 25kg of the lager and a selection of 3kg of some of the others, but I would have to have a think about what I'd want from the specialty malts.

Can anyone help me with the differences between the Pale Planet, Pale Craft and the "Blend MO 50:50". I assume the latter is a Maris Otter/Pale blend?

I'm in Sale so I don't mind doing some drop offs in South Manchester/North Cheshire within reason.
Hi Black Regent - I can ask the question of the brewery what is the blend MO 50:50

I could also ask for a data sheet on all of the pales so we can understand the difference

Thanks for the offer of drop offs - or people might collect from you if you have the storage room

I will log your expression of interest for now and ask the brewery for data sheets on all of the malts on offer

Best wishes

I would be interested in joining in for some malts in Feb. Living in N Shropshire (just outside Whitchurch) and would be happy to be a collection/distribution point. Just need to work out what I need/want/must have. wink...

I would be interested in joining in for some malts in Feb. Living in N Shropshire (just outside Whitchurch) and would be happy to be a collection/distribution point. Just need to work out what I need/want/must have. wink...
Perfect Roger - thanks for the offer of being a collection point. I will log your interest and be in touch again in January

Currently we are well over the 20 bag barrier - hence achieving best possible prices

Wow, just chatting to OB last night and the group is at >200kg already (subject to changes of course)
With Cheshire Cat offering to relay orders from his place, members in quite a large area now can collect from a locations within 20 miles, or maybe 30 mins. Cheers CC.
Another couple of willing members and we could have a really convenient thing going for the region - anyone in Stone/Stafford or Lancs interested?

View attachment 34996

Cheers
I live in Stone and work in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent. I don't mind passing some stuff on if required. I only live about 10 mins from J14 on the M6. I've got mates in Sandbach from when I used to live there so would probably prefer to collect from there.

What do you reckon the shelf life of crushed malts are if kept dry and cool?

Both me, my dad and brother all brew so we would probably have a few bags of 25kg pale crushed and some smaller bags of other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back