£13.30 for 25kg bag of Pale Malt - North West England and the Midlands

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1300kg! Hmm not sure I can fit all that in, although I did pick up a ton of firebricks for a pizza oven. Slow journey home that one ...
Happy to help others local to me to take advantage of this for sure.

1300kg! Hmm not sure I can fit all that in, although I did pick up a ton of firebricks for a pizza oven. Slow journey home that one ...
Happy to help others local to me to take advantage of this for sure.
Of course the 1300kg is across all of us

We are also evaluating the option of a single drop delivery to a central point

Cheers

Current collection points, as offered by members of our group buy club.
(as long as the amount to carry is sensible!)
1606992123868.png

Hi all,
I'm thinking of going for a full bag of Maris Otter in Feb plus some of the 3kg portions of crystal, wheat and Munich.

Hi, could I be added to the list please? I live in Manchester. Not sure what I'd want just yet, stock check required in January.

Chopps kindly introduced me to this thread, and being in Sandbach its something i am very interested in chipping in on.

I am however yet to do my first AG batch so need to do some research on the best malt types for a beginner and suited to the English ales and IPA's styles i like.
What's the latest notice for adding to the order?

Also in researching I came across Muntons malt guide for anyone interested.

https://www.muntons.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Muntons-Brewers-Guide.pdf

Thanks

Chopps kindly introduced me to this thread, and being in Sandbach its something i am very interested in chipping in on.

I am however yet to do my first AG batch so need to do some research on the best malt types for a beginner and suited to the English ales and IPA's styles i like.
What's the latest notice for adding to the order?

Also in researching I came across Muntons malt guide for anyone interested.

https://www.muntons.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Muntons-Brewers-Guide.pdf

Thanks
Hi C

The Muntons Guide is very useful - thank you for sharing the link

We are planning to put the order together in mid January, so I will add your name to the list and private message you in January

Obviously you can buy a full 25kg bag but this time we are also looking to break most of the malts down to 3kg or 5kg bags - Chopps and I will fund any excess until it is used. So you might want any of these in any mix

I also brew ale mainly - and have lot's of recipes I could share and these would identify what ingredients you need

What is your favourite ale? I currently am conditioning Abbot Ale, Old Speckled Hen and Old Tom amongst others. I have also just finished a some Worthington White Shield which is a classic old fashioned IPA. None of these were complex

There is a private message group for the Sandbach lot, so I will message you via that so you are included in that

Welcome

Morning.
Can you add me to the list for January. I’m fairly new to AG brewing but based on the first 12 months, I think bulk buying is definitely going to be of benefit to me.
I’m two miles south of Preston, Lancs and would happily provide storage for others in the area if it helps.
Thanks

Hi C

The Muntons Guide is very useful - thank you for sharing the link

We are planning to put the order together in mid January, so I will add your name to the list and private message you in January

Obviously you can buy a full 25kg bag but this time we are also looking to break most of the malts down to 3kg or 5kg bags - Chopps and I will fund any excess until it is used. So you might want any of these in any mix

I also brew ale mainly - and have lot's of recipes I could share and these would identify what ingredients you need

What is your favourite ale? I currently am conditioning Abbot Ale, Old Speckled Hen and Old Tom amongst others. I have also just finished a some Worthington White Shield which is a classic old fashioned IPA. None of these were complex

There is a private message group for the Sandbach lot, so I will message you via that so you are included in that

Welcome

Thanks OB sound good.

I'll keep an eye out and reply to you on the private group.

Is it still an option to be added to the list? Are the malts crushed? Thinking MO + a few 3kg or 5kg bags.

Is it still an option to be added to the list? Are the malts crushed? Thinking MO + a few 3kg or 5kg bags.
Hi Rob

Yes - I have added you to the list - although as per messages above I am not sure when we can go ahead, we will need to await further news on covid restrictions

Yes the malts are crushed

By the way where are you based? - so we can think about collection and supply chain

I will pm you when we have a firmer date

Best Wishes

South Derbyshire, hoping i can collect off bodger001 restrictions allowing etc.

I have been watching this thread with interest over the last couple of months, but have held off registering an interest because I was a little too far away to justify the travel. Now I notice that Kiwigaz has placed an order, it makes it more sensible.

I would probably be interested in
25kg pale planet
25kg maris otter

As and when covid makes it possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back