£9 million for 3 minutes work.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And not even hard work by his standards i guess they thought their young buck could wipe the floor with a 41 year old.

Floyd Mayweather needed just 140 seconds to beat Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition boxing bout worth a reported $9m.

Former five-weight world champion Mayweather, 41, was smiling during the short-lived contest in Tokyo as he floored the 20-year-old three times.

The fight, scheduled for three three-minute rounds, ended with Nasukawa in tears as his team threw in the towel.

Despite his latest comeback, Mayweather said afterwards he was "still retired".

"It was all about entertainment - we had a lot of fun," said the American, who beat UFC's Conor McGregor in a boxing match in August 2017. "They wanted this to happen in Japan, so I said 'why not?'"

Read in full https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46724047

I wouldn't actually let him deck me i would do what professional footballers do and hit the deck as soon as he came near me. :thumba:

I tried boxing when I was younger and soon discovered that:
  1. I wasn't very good at it.
  2. My opponents couldn't knock me out.
Although I got lucky a couple of times, I realised that being battered for nine minutes was no fun, so (although some people may dispute this) I gave up the sport before I suffered any serious brain damage!

Personally, I think that anyone who steps into a boxing ring with a man like Merryweather is an absolute hero!

I well remember the "Tyson v. Buster Douglas" fight when Tyson was thought to be invincible. If it had been anyone else but Tyson, his head would have finished up amongst the spectators when Douglas finally won!

Latest posts

Back