0 psi in King Heg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobzee

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been monitoring my king keg psi, which has a Tom Caxton brew in, and just noticed the psi is 0. This morning it was 3.0 and has been since yesterday. There seems to still be co2 in the keg as it escapes when taking a reading from the Tyre valve.

Any idea what I should I do?

Regards

Is this a new keg and/or is it the first time you've used it? new kegs need a bit of work on the rim to make sure they are perfectly level to ensure a good seal. The best solution I found on a forum somewhere (not sure if it was here) is to get a piece of wood large enough to cover the hole and wrap a piece of fine sandpaper/wet and dry paper round it. Using a circular motion, file the rim until it is perfectly level.

when fitting the cap smear with Vaseline, ideally remove the rubber seal first and smear it all over too.

This is going to be tricky to do on a keg full of beer in which case I'm not sure what your options are other than, transfer it to bottles, or put it back in an FV, sort the keg and put it back again.

Back