1/2" NPT to BSP

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo

Reaction score
I am looking to get a brewing pump from Vevor but it has 1/2" NPT male fittings so I will need female to barb/horsetail.
Will 1/2" BSP fit (I know there are differences in the threads). There are different opinions on the net, some say no definitely not while others say yes they will 1/2" is about the only size that is interchangeable but use thread tape?
1/2" NPT fittings are not so easy to locate and when they are they are 2x the price of BSP and then postage is usually more than the item?
Does any know for certain either way please? (No guesses or assumptions please).
Thank you

Last edited:
I am looking to get a brewing pump from Vevor but it has 1/2" NPT male fittings so I will need female to barb/horsetail.
Will 1/2" BSP fit (I know there are differences in the threads). There are different opinions on the net, some say no definitely not while others say yes they will 1/2" is about the only size that is interchangeable but use thread tape?
1/2" NPT fittings are not so easy to locate and when they are they are 2x the price of BSP and then postage is usually more than the item?
Does any know for certain either way please? (No guesses or assumptions please).
Thank you
You can get an adapter, female to female NPT-BSP I got one from a local hardware store may be different over there. Save stuffing up the thread.
0.56AU $ |1/8" 1/4" 3/8" 1/2" 3/4" 1" 1 1/4" 1 1/2" 2" 3" 4" BSP NPT Female Coupler 201 304 316 Stainless Steel Pipe Fitting Connector|Pipe Fittings| - AliExpress

Back