1 Litre Grape Juice Concentrate £12.90

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't telly you home much to dilute it or how long its shelf life is once opened, 100% fruit juices have to be consumed within 2 - 3 days once opened.

If it's 65 brix that's about 260 points brewing, so dilute 2.9 times to get a starting gravity of 1.090. You're still talking over 4 quid a litre. Unless you needed it for some specific reason you'd be far better off with a decent wine kit. You can still get grape juice in Sainsburys for a quid a litre. Not saying it'll do the same job but it's got a starting gravity of 1.086 for the red.

If it's 65 brix that's about 260 points brewing, so dilute 2.9 times to get a starting gravity of 1.090. You're still talking over 4 quid a litre. Unless you needed it for some specific reason you'd be far better off with a decent wine kit. You can still get grape juice in Sainsburys for a quid a litre. Not saying it'll do the same job but it's got a starting gravity of 1.086 for the red.

Thanks for working that out for us. :hat:

Youngs now sell it for £10 a litre, which is cheaper than buying their (or Wilco) small bottles of wine enhancer. All mid price wine kits are only 40% grape juice.

Thanks for the info. I didn't notice the 65 brix on the carton. I planned to add 250ml to a gallon of Ginger wine before fermentation. The other reason I wanted it is because I just made 2 x 1 gallon batches of Ginger wine using liquidised sultanas. The wine came out lovely but is a pain to rack because of the bits.

The shelf life is not affected by opening the container if re-sealed, but the white juice darkens eventually.

The bottled supermarket juice (100% juice) has to be consumed in a couple of days once opened why is this juice different Tony?

The supermarket juice is not concentrated.
The concentrated juice has a much higher sugar level, and the sugar acts as the preservative...

Latest posts

Back