100g of hops, which one

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi a quick question and replies appreciated

I have thrown together the Mangrove Jacks IPA and half of the Festival Golden Summer Ale (don’t ask)
Anyhow I have 100g of Chinook
100g of Simcoe
100g of Sabro
100g of Amarillo
Any suggestions of either just one packet to add or a nice combination of 200g?
Cheers

Never tried sabro. Don’t fancy beer that tastes of coconut! There’s a reason the bounties are always left at the end of a box of miniature heroes!!

as for the others, you can’t go wrong really - chinook, Amarillo and simcoe all go great together. If I had to choose I would go with Amarillo and simcoe. I don’t know what hops were in your original brew though! Also you don’t have to dry hop 200g. That is a big dry hop. You can always save some for next time.

Amarillo and Simcoe for sure..but try and balance the percentage of Alpha acids rather than the weight as one will overpower the other whereas you want them equally balanced to compliment one another.
For instance
Simcoe 10AA
Amarillo 5AA
50g Simcoe to 100g Amarillo.

Sabro is a great hop, one of the “hops of the moment” just now. Check out Dogma Sabro smash beer, a superb tasting beer and just a smash with sabro.
The hop has lots of flavour profile depending on when you use them in the boil.

Yeah I bought them when everyone was talking about them but now I’m thinking do I want Lemon or Coconut in this beer?
I might do a brew later with that hop only to really get a true taste of them, cheers

Hi a quick question and replies appreciated

I have thrown together the Mangrove Jacks IPA and half of the Festival Golden Summer Ale (don’t ask)
Anyhow I have 100g of Chinook
100g of Simcoe
100g of Sabro
100g of Amarillo
Any suggestions of either just one packet to add or a nice combination of 200g?
Cheers
Simcoe my choice

Back