16L filter coffee machine- suitable?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashman

Reaction score
Hi,

Completed a kit and it worked Better than expected. Looking to go all-grain but have no equipment. Seen videos with people using an army of pots and tubes.

I’ve found a 16L coffee filter machine from Royal Catering ( RCKM-20). A few things are not right like the temperature set (would need fixing) and possibly the size of the filter container - which I would dump the grain into.

I think the hot water is pumped up and circulated through the central rod and water passes through the filter bed. I guess with grains it might clog and overflow ?

Attachments

• 6FBAF0BD-BABB-433F-B1C7-0E2BA5EF1531.jpeg
    6FBAF0BD-BABB-433F-B1C7-0E2BA5EF1531.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 62
Hi!
I don't think that the basket will hold enough grain.
For the same (or cheaper) you could get a 20 litre tea urn and go BIAB.

Yeah I estimate the basket has a capacity of about 4L to top.

Id look at brew in a bag (biab). You can start with smaller,say 10l, batches on the stove with relatively little outlay. I started with a Wilko 12l pot (actual capacity is more like 15l,) and by doing partial extract (half grain half liquid malt extract) did 20l batches.

After a long long debate I've decided to bite the bullet and go BIAB, I liked the sight of a 3 vessel set up but from what I've seen posted BIAB gets good if not as good results as traditional set up

Ta. Sorry a tad slow yesterday. Aww so when I thought all-grain I thought the 3 vessel setup (with pulleys and all sorts) but clearly an interesting branch in BIAB.I’ll take a look.

I started with BIAB and failed so i built a mash tun out of a old fermenter and my grain bag and it served me well for a while

Do you Sparge ?

I’ve changed my mind and think a 27L mulled wine warmer with timer (temp can be set from 30-100C) is a better option with the temp control so can be used as a boiler.

Attachments

• BA1B94AE-4753-4469-8AD7-5A93F5590826.jpeg
    BA1B94AE-4753-4469-8AD7-5A93F5590826.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back