1st AG brew gear

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galvers

Reaction score
Hey guys

Appreciate your thoughts on this...

My plan is to start doing 23L AG brews, likely from Greg H book.
I’ve got a cooler for mash tun arriving on Sunday and I plan to batch sparge.

I reckon I’ll be good with a 33L kettle/pot - can’t see any issues.
Anyone use similar setup/any advice, thoughts on the 33L pot?

Also, I’ve seen lots on the forum use the book - where do you think I should start as my first brew?
Cheers Mike

Sounds like a sound plan.
How will you heat your sparge water? You will need your 33l pot to transfer to as you sparge.
As for the GH...if you're not fussy go for the single hop pales.

Sounds like a sound plan.
How will you heat your sparge water? You will need your 33l pot to transfer to as you sparge.
As for the GH...if you're not fussy go for the single hop pales.
Thanks Clint

I plan to heat sparge water from smaller stockpots I have already, using new gas burner and the kitchen hob. With the 2 sparges and 20 mins steeping time, I think I’ll have enough time to get required volumes to temp. (At least to start brewing)

Thanks for the recommendation- always fussy, yet walking first with a pale ale is a good shout 😀

thanks again Mike

Thanks Clint

I plan to heat sparge water from smaller stockpots I have already, using new gas burner and the kitchen hob. With the 2 sparges and 20 mins steeping time, I think I’ll have enough time to get required volumes to temp. (At least to start brewing)

Thanks for the recommendation- always fussy, yet walking first with a pale ale is a good shout 😀

thanks again Mike
* single hop

Hey guys

Appreciate your thoughts on this...

My plan is to start doing 23L AG brews, likely from Greg H book.
I’ve got a cooler for mash tun arriving on Sunday and I plan to batch sparge.

I reckon I’ll be good with a 33L kettle/pot - can’t see any issues.
Anyone use similar setup/any advice, thoughts on the 33L pot?

Also, I’ve seen lots on the forum use the book - where do you think I should start as my first brew?
Cheers Mike
There are about 5 brews with simple malts and single hop: they're good to test your setup and you, and getting to know a few different but quite distinguishable hops. Page 116 and further? if I recall correctly.

Unless you're not into pale ales :/

Back