1st brew, mistakes issues and beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopinator

Reaction score
Last night i tried a bottle from my first brew, many thanks for the tips on here.

the whole process had issues and i never thought I would have a drinkable product but despite it been cloudy I have 25 500ml bottles that taste good and are perfectly carbonated.

To start I accidentally ordered uncrushed malt this has led me to now have a slight modded corolla crusher that works perfectly (in my opinion ) 1st batch i used a coffee grinder.

Second Issue was the fine grinded malt blocked my mash turn so I had to use a jug to get the wort out. I know have created a false bottom which worked fantastic for the second brew.

third issue was the hops in the boiler blocked the bazooka filter so had to use a jug and a sive this meant the wort in the fermentor was only 15l ish and full of malt bits and hop dust, Ive got a very fine nylon mesh bag again works great on second brew.

So I lost alot of wort it was very cloudy full of bits and I was not sure it would even be drinkable but i bottled 25 bottles conditioned for 2 weeks and Ive just tried one I put in fridge for 2 days ago and wow its actually nice. I have now 25l in my fermentor and with the changes i made to fix my first mistakes it already tastes great I cant wait to see what this tastes like.

Any way I just wanted to say even if you massively cock up you can still get a great beer and its all a great learning experience.

Merry christmas

Beer is forgiving isn't it! I think that part of the enjoyment is learning from mistakes and modifying your kit / approach. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back