2 days in Brussels what should I do and drink?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigman

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm of to Brussels for the first time in a few weeks, going with a mate from work. I'm sure a few of you must have been. any must visit bars and restaurants? I'm Gona try and get to cantillon obviously.

Cantillon is obviously at the top of the list, it's a really interesting tour and a rare chance to taste some world class sour beers in the little tasting room (the Fou' Foune was a highlight for me, though not cheap).

If you want traditional or interesting bars then Poechenellekelder is great (very good beer list), A La Becasse (lots of Timmermans sours on tap), La Porte Noire (a cool little cellar bar), or Au Bon Vieux Temps (Westvleteren available here).
For something a little more trendy, with more modern "craft" type beers then Moeder Lambic is good with a huge tap list, as is Brussels Beer Project tap room which is open on Saturdays.
Delirium Cafe is fine if you can put up with the crowds, and it does have some interesting beers in the cellar (look out for a vintage Pannepot for example).

To tell anyone that you have been to Brussels you HAVE to have seen the "Manneken Pis"!

Everything else pales into insignificance!

Enjoy the trip. A lovely city!
Quite right, and after you've had your fill (10 seconds or so should do it) my favourite bar in Brussels is right beside it (Poechenellekelder) :thumba:

Fantastic that's a great start thanks chaps. I'm thinking my main challenge Will be getting my mate to appreciate the sours.
Yeah. I took my mate, who is a brewer and beer lover, to Cantillon, but he just didn't get it. The jonge lambik which you get at the end of the tour is definitely not for everyone, but the fruit lambics like the kriek or framboise are a bit more accessible.

Beer and food places. La Brocante has a great Gueuze selection, and if the flea market outside is on, have a scout about for Belgian beer glasses. I've not been, but Restobieres gets a good reputation, just up the side street from La Brocante. A personal favourite is La Fleur En Papier Doré, properly old and classic Belgian food. Sausage, bacon and Stoemp sets you up for the day.

Of the modern bars, I love Moeder Lambic and Monk. Of the quaint older places I like L’Imaige Nostre-Dame. I love the contrast of both types of places.

A glass of Zinnebir is a must for me on arrival in Brussels. Going to Cantillon is obligatory.

Last edited:
Most have been coveted already

Attachments

• 20180926_113855.jpg
    20180926_113855.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180926_113902.jpg
    20180926_113902.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back