2 litre Borosilicate glass conical flasks - £14.10

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not my auction, but just bought one - I've not seen them cheaper elsewhere - £14.10 delivered.

Just arrived and quality seems good - and as good as the proper labware I was gifted in the past. Not tried boiling wort or water in it yet, but I will at the weekend.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Academy-Conical-Flask-2000ml-Single-/384442488232
IMG_20211102_193413.jpg
IMG_20211102_193127.jpg

Next stop... A magnetic stirrer to buy or make!

My 2l flask is Academy, they're alright and will happily take boiling wort.

Erlenmeyer flasks are like cornies, congratulations on starting your collection. ;)

IMG_20211103_190904.jpg

Happily handles boiling water over a gas flame on the hob. After I emptied this out I filled with water from the cold tap to no issue - very pleased with it... My magnetic stirrer arrives before the weekend ;)

My 2l flask is Academy, they're alright and will happily take boiling wort.

Erlenmeyer flasks are like cornies, congratulations on starting your collection. ;)
I already have a good selection of small ones that I was gifted from a closing school lab - but my biggest is 500ml - so I used to make a sns (shaken not stirred) starter across two of them. My plan is to brew about 2 litre too much on each brew, but take that off before adding hops and then boil on the hob and freeze. Then each time I have wort ready to use as a starter. Been doing that so far but only with 500ml - getting that going then taking 500ml of the brew day beer after the boil, chilling that quickly while I do no chill in that main beer. I then split the starter in two and have a litre of good start to tip in by the time the wort is cool enough to pitch but couldn't help myself buy something new.

Back