2 litre Borosilicate glass conical flasks - £14.10

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not my auction, but just bought one - I've not seen them cheaper elsewhere - £14.10 delivered.

Just arrived and quality seems good - and as good as the proper labware I was gifted in the past. Not tried boiling wort or water in it yet, but I will at the weekend.

IMG_20211102_193413.jpg
IMG_20211102_193127.jpg

Next stop... A magnetic stirrer to buy or make!

foxbat

Landlord.
Reaction score
My 2l flask is Academy, they're alright and will happily take boiling wort.

Erlenmeyer flasks are like cornies, congratulations on starting your collection. ;)

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
IMG_20211103_190904.jpg

Happily handles boiling water over a gas flame on the hob. After I emptied this out I filled with water from the cold tap to no issue - very pleased with it... My magnetic stirrer arrives before the weekend ;)

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
My 2l flask is Academy, they're alright and will happily take boiling wort.

Erlenmeyer flasks are like cornies, congratulations on starting your collection. ;)
I already have a good selection of small ones that I was gifted from a closing school lab - but my biggest is 500ml - so I used to make a sns (shaken not stirred) starter across two of them. My plan is to brew about 2 litre too much on each brew, but take that off before adding hops and then boil on the hob and freeze. Then each time I have wort ready to use as a starter. Been doing that so far but only with 500ml - getting that going then taking 500ml of the brew day beer after the boil, chilling that quickly while I do no chill in that main beer. I then split the starter in two and have a litre of good start to tip in by the time the wort is cool enough to pitch but couldn't help myself buy something new.