20 beers for £24 delivered.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting on this month's beer52, Brewdog came today, after yodel lied about or had a driver that can't read a number on the side of a house attempting delivery last night. Not only that, when I got to thier service dept, they denied what was clearly advised on brewdog's email and thier tracking as a failed delivery attempt had even occurred. Like I said before, I do actually like the Brewdog subscription. But with the issues along with the cost of beer52, I'm gonna have to let them both go 😞

Still waiting on this month's beer52, Brewdog came today, after yodel lied about or had a driver that can't read a number on the side of a house attempting delivery last night. Not only that, when I got to thier service dept, they denied what was clearly advised on brewdog's email and thier tracking as a failed delivery attempt had even occurred. Like I said before, I do actually like the Brewdog subscription. But with the issues along with the cost of beer52, I'm gonna have to let them both go 😞
Brew more yourself 😂

Mine almost arrived intact. Had one casualty and the box was soaking.

IMG_20211030_132927.jpg

At least it was one of the duplicate bottles

Been a good box so far. Beer52 is in a different league to flavourly which is just ****.
Yeah thankfully it was. Have had a few of them tonight and so far they have all been quite good. Wasn't too keen on the Czech style dry stout as it was a bit too over carbonated for me. Maybe that's what Czech style means.

Mine got delivered yesterday and I just had a quick look when I got home at the back of 12 last night. Must say I'm impressed, no broken bottles or bashed tins, a couple of duplicates but they're of the interesting variety so I'm not complaining. Looking forward to trying some of them this weekend 👍

Most of mine had November BBE's. If I want short dated beer in future I can get it at Bargain Brands in Wigan for 50p each.

Had mine delivered last week m, a couple of duplicates and arrived with no casualties, best before dates on the whole was ok a lot of them were jan 2022 and a couple of nov 21 ( at least I get to try a couple pretty soon ) 🍻 not if I would pay full price for them !

I had mine last week.
Drank a few already and they're ok for £1ish each but not anything I would buy again.

The bottles are bottle conditioned with yeast in so best to get them in the fridge for a few days when they do arrive.

My box was decent. Nothing to write home about but a good variety, couple of nice stouts and a weizonbock to go with the usual lagers and pales. No conplaints.

I really enjoyed them all, I received the list that was posted earlier in the thread
Stiegi Columbus 1492 was excellent
The Forest IPA was the weirdest beer I've had in a while but went down a treat.
Went to buy a second box but they must have closed the offer earlier than advertised as the link was removed.

Here's a photo of the contents of my box
View attachment 57322
Never got that one, some kind of mess up I believe on delivery side. Did get a complementary replacement but not these that was expecting. The first 3 I've tried were disgusting. A stiegel Paracelsus, Duvel Moortgat 6.6 blond and A super 8 blanche. Gonna try a cple of others this weekend, but gonna cancel. After reading above I will check to see if short dated.

Never got that one, some kind of mess up I believe on delivery side. Did get a complementary replacement but not these that was expecting. The first 3 I've tried were disgusting. A stiegel Paracelsus, Duvel Moortgat 6.6 blond and A super 8 blanche. Gonna try a cple of others this weekend, but gonna cancel. After reading above I will check to see if short dated.
On checking, the expected box was different from LesTom's and I get that it's a variety box, but that was a quarter box of what I'd consider as not good.

IMG_20211111_191432.jpg

IMG_20211111_183342.jpg

These 2 were pretty out there, but pretty good!

The forest one had spruce and pine in and the other had coastal saltbush.

Interesting

Last edited:
I did not like that forest IPA. It was exactly as described with spruce/pine resiny taste. Overall the box was not bad and my favourite was the espresso milk stout, very nice.

I did not like that forest IPA. It was exactly as described with spruce/pine resiny taste. Overall the box was not bad and my favourite was the espresso milk stout, very nice.

If I saw the forest one in a shop I don't think I would buy it (not in the next year or 2 anyway), but I am glad I tried it. I like boxes like this for expansion of knowledge.
I watched a video on spruce beers years ago and wondered what they were like... Now I know. They taste like Christmas trees.

I've enjoyed every beer I've had from my box so far - very happy for the price. Always good to try something new.

Back