20 l cooler for sparging?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashley

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking for a decent 20l-30l insulated cooler to use mainly for sparging with the Grainfather. Anyone have any recommendations? I have no idea if all coolers can deal with boiling water.

Cheer!

I use an igloo mash tun into which I tip 80°c water for sparging. So if it's just to keep your sparge water hot it should be ok....but....how are you going to heat the volume you require to the temp you require?

Hi all

I'm looking for a decent 20l-30l insulated cooler to use mainly for sparging with the Grainfather. Anyone have any recommendations? I have no idea if all coolers can deal with boiling water.

Cheer!

I use a cheap Tesco cooler for exactly that as I haven’t got a sparge boiler either. It keeps mine at the same temp for over an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use an igloo mash tun into which I tip 80°c water for sparging. So if it's just to keep your sparge water hot it should be ok....but....how are you going to heat the volume you require to the temp you require?
Was thinking of various pots, kettles etc until I reach the required volume. Just couldn't justify 80 odd quid on the GF sparger

Last edited:
Might grab a cheap 13l pot and boil it twice. I've heard that fish tank pumps can work for pumping into the GF but I don't know which one to get. I imagine they can't all deal with near boiling water.

Might grab a cheap 13l pot and boil it twice. I've heard that fish tank pumps can work for pumping into the GF but I don't know which one to get. I imagine they can't all deal with near boiling water.

Just use a jug. That's what they do on the GF instructional video on YouTube.

Latest posts

Back