2018 Beer World Cup - Second Round Match 8

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer World Cup Second Round - Match 8

• Duvel

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Timothy Taylor Landlord

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd guess several people haven't tried both bot have still voted.
I would say that's why some very good beers went out in the first round.

Imo Duvel is overrated, as Jceg said it's a decent entry level Belgian beer, but that's about it. That being said, TT is pretty good from the cask but the bottled version is rubbish. A tough one to call.

I would say that's why some very good beers went out in the first round.

Imo Duvel is overrated, as Jceg said it's a decent entry level Belgian beer, but that's about it. That being said, TT is pretty good from the cask but the bottled version is rubbish. A tough one to call.
Definitely highlights differing tastes - Duvel is my favourite beer, I never tire of it. I've had "better" Belgian beers, but I think they're defined as "better" due to scarcity and price. Westveleteren, Rochefort, Westmalle - they're all great and I enjoy them all on an occasional basis but I'd take a Duvel over any of them if I had to choose my desert island beer.

I tried a tt in a tt pub and was left underwhelmed. however I had stared on my belgian beer journey by then and there was no turning back ;)

no abv under 5.3!

Gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My vote just tipped the balance in favour of TTL from the draw that existed. I agree they are both superb but my long term history of enjoying landlord made it an easy choice.

Back