2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Germany out VAR put the first nail in the coffin and their keeper the last he should stick to looking after his goal instead of trying to be a midfield player, i was so glad when he got his **** handed to him on a plate for the second goal.

I’ve stolen this joke from another forum I post on.

Don’t mention the Var!

Just waiting for Serbia to beat Brazil tonight and football has a pretty good chance of coming home!

On the way home this evening I learn that the fading Germans have indeed returned to their Fatherland. Very sad, but only for those who count themselves as Germanic. We all know the word, I suppose...

Sadly, Brazil and Argentina progress to further the shadow-sport of cheating at Association Football. The Argentina game against Nigeria plumbed new depths.

Croatia perhaps "Dark Horses"? I picked them at random in a WC Sweepstake at work and since Scotland last played this game with Kenny in a 7 Shirt, then Croatia it is, after England, which is where I live, after all.

:gulp:

Attachments

• D75CBBDD-A816-4D8B-9D79-75B294047B8D.jpeg
    D75CBBDD-A816-4D8B-9D79-75B294047B8D.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 76
Well, England gain defeat with pragmatism and get a first round game against the strangely well supported Columbian outfit. Country that must have taken really off of late, economically speaking.

Road to the semi's now looking clear, but for tiny obstacles like a white line, a yellowish-orange turnip or a cuckoo clock.

I haven't seen the Columbian outfit play but from what i hear i think we are about to find out just how good we are especially our defence.

Last edited:
I think that’s right Chippy. I went and watched some of their highlights and I’d be confident we can score goals against them. For what it’s worth I had a dream last night about Harry Kane scoring a last minute winner against Russia, which can’t happen until the semi final, but I had been drinking heavily.

Don't Cry 4 : 3 Argentina.

I haven't seen an Argentine defence that poor since the Falklands in '82.

Don't Cry 4 : 3 Argentina.

I haven't seen an Argentine defence that poor since the Falklands in '82.

Daniel Passarella still around in 1982? He really knew how to elbow the star players in the face. I think it was Johan Neeskens who copped for it, back in 1978, as Cruyff had already cried off.

You heard it here first.

An end to end classic v Columbia sees us edge though

A dull draw with Switzerland but we win on pens.

A cagey encouner with Croatia. Not sure how that ends.

Anyway, I missed the first, quite exciting seeming game, today as I was moving daughter #2's stuff around in Lancaster / home.
Second game was a bit predictable as the Uruguay defence machine scored first and last. So, Portugal and Ronaldo get the flight home. Remind me, someone how many times he touched the ball tonight and to what effect?
Very hard to be effective against that sort of defence.

At least the precious one did not get a limb bitten off.

You heard it here first.

An end to end classic v Columbia sees us edge though

A dull draw with Switzerland but we win on pens.

A cagey encouner with Croatia. Not sure how that ends.

Good assessment of the ideal sort of outcome for England.

Portugal Uruguay game and big names ? What a load of poncers - Suarez was a disgrace as were many. Ronaldo to be fair didn’t do much cheating but was a bit lazy I thought.

Overall - I’ve gleaned from this game that we need to play like pansies , fall over at the slightest touch and claim broken bones should you fall to the ground. If we are to stand any chance of winning honestly anyway ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back