2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s deffo the time to win it.
It’s the best chance we’re going to have opposition wise for some time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s deffo the time to win it.
It’s the best chance we’re going to have opposition wise for some time !

Best chance since when do we reckon? 1990?

2002 was a good chance albeit probably more now with hindsight than we thought at the time. But look at the semis that year, South Korea, Turkey, a terrible Germany team and Brazil who knocked us with that goal from Ronaldinho.

Best chance since when do we reckon? 1990?

2002 was a good chance albeit probably more now with hindsight than we thought at the time. But look at the semis that year, South Korea, Turkey, a terrible Germany team and Brazil who knocked us with that goal from Ronaldinho.

Good point re 2002 - I was thinking more forward looking though. We’ve had some shocking performances from some of the big teams and I just think they’ll come bouncing back for up and coming competitions , and I think some of the lower teams (including us I guess) will be invigorated with confidence for future games.

You gotta love this crazy game ! Frustrates the hell out of me , but it’s like an old habit !

What's going on with the world cup? Japan are currently beating Belgium 2-0. The way things are going it's going to be Switzerland vs Russian in the final. Reckon I better get down the bookies and put a bet on Russian winning the thing

Last edited:
Chris Waddle

Ex-England winger on BBC Radio 5 live

We thought it would be the team that started against Tunisia, and it must have been in Gareth's (Southgate) memory about how well they played in the first 20 minutes of that game.

Marcus Rashford had a chance to push his case for selection during the Belgium game but he didn't take his opportunity.

jjjjjjjjjj.jpg

Can't believe England just won a penalty shoot out! Their first ever in a World Cup...historical moment.

What a team of dirty ***** they were even the even the old guy at the tunnel had a go at Sterling and what is the point in VAR if they give a yellow for a blatant headbutt.

What a team of dirty ***** they were even the even the old guy at the tunnel had a go at Sterling and what is the point in VAR if they give a yellow for a blatant headbutt.

Rugby is always my main love, however I have really enjoyed the World cup.. Been exciting some great goals late goals drama and all sorts.. Probably the best WC I have watched and I hope it continues until 15th July.

But what really aggravates me about the sport is the toxic culture which is ingrained into a huge part of the game.. obviously it doesn't affect all players. But how on earth does the game allow Columbia behaving like animals towards the ref, IMO the ref lost control and bottled it.. Similar with the Neymar incident (which was shameful behaviour from a player of his caliber), now whilst I hate that play acting too mexico and players deliberately go to try and hurt him.. all unpunished

Game needs to toughen up and start handing out fierce punishments and knock the churlish disrespectful animal antics out of the game.

I think the problem last night was that if the ref had handed out red and yellow cards as per the letter of the law, Colombia wouldn't have had any players on the pitch, lol.

Dirty gits.

Well done England, even if they get knocked out now I'm impressed with their performance for a young team.

When even the Colombia coaches get involved, as that guy did with Sterling at half time, you can only wonder at how they are telling their players to behave.
It would have been sickening to go out to a team with their antics.

ITV or BBC
For coverage and commentators ?

His use of ‘we’ bugs me because it just sounds wrong, but other than that I think Hoddle is a very good analyst. And I’ve always liked Clive ‘can they score, they always score’ Tyldesley (sp) so I like ITV.

Agreed, that made no sense. Surely they had to either give nothing or a red for that.

Would have felt well cheated if this bunch of vile sods went through

More importantly
Has everyone got a good amount of beer/wine or cider stocked and chilled ready for Saturday afternoon?

Back